San Jose T Visas Attorney
Representation for Victims of Human Trafficking
A T visa is a visa that is issued to people who are victims of “severe trafficking”, which includes the use of force, fraud, or coercion for sex trafficking and/or involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) can issue up to 5,000 T visas every year. If you believe that you qualify for a T visa, it is important you consult with an experienced San Jose immigration lawyer to discuss your options. At Verma Law Firm, we offer assistance and legal advice for the application process.
To apply for a green card as a T-1 nonimmigrant (principal), you must meet the following conditions:
- You have been physically present in the United States for a continuous period of at least 3 years since the first date of admission as a T-1 nonimmigrant.
- You have been physically present in the United States for a continuous period during the investigation or prosecution of acts of trafficking, and the Attorney General has determined the investigation or prosecution is complete, whichever period of time is less.
- You have been a person of good moral character since first being admitted as a T-1 nonimmigrant and until the decision on your Form I-485.
- You have complied with any reasonable request for assistance in the investigation or prosecution of acts of trafficking since first being admitted as a T-1 nonimmigrant and until a decision on your Form I-485.
- You would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and severe harm upon removal from the United States.
- You are admissible to the United States as a permanent resident.
Contact Us Today
Our San Jose immigration lawyer understands that you are going through a difficult time, and we can advise you in regard to whether you are eligible for a T visa. We can then assist you to prepare and file your T visa application with the USCIS.
“My green card process was smooth. Thank you Verma for all the help you provide during the process.”- Chacha
“They were always available through phone and responded to my emails quickly.”- Madhuri B.
“The staff at Verma Law firm were prompt and helped with all the documentation needed for my mom's immigrant visa application.”- Upendra
All other consultation fees will be credited towards legal fees if retained as counsel for immigration cases.
With us, you will get client-focused, personalized service. You are not just another case to us.
We charge a flat fee for all cases, and offer a payment plan to those who need it.
Our offices are conveniently located in San Jose and San Francisco.
Our lead attorney not only has over 18 years of experience, but is also an immigrant himself.