Electronic I-9 Signature and Storage Bill signed into Law
H. R. 4306
One Hundred Eighth Congress of the United States of America
AT THE SECOND SESSION
Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday, the twentieth day of January, two thousand and four An Act To amend section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act to improve the process for verifying an individual’s eligibility for employment.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. IMPROVEMENTS TO EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION SYSTEM
IN GENERAL.— ection 274A(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act
(8 U.S.C. 1324a(b)) is amended—
- in paragraph (1)(A), by inserting before ‘‘A person or entity has complied’’ the following: ‘‘Such attestation may be manifested by either a hand-written or an electronic signature.’’;
- in paragraph (2), by adding at the end the following: ‘‘Such attestation may be manifested by either a hand-written or an electronic signature.’’; and
- in paragraph (3), by inserting ‘‘a paper, microfiche, microfilm, or electronic version of’’ after ‘‘must retain’’.
EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by subsection (a) shall take
effect on the earlier of—
- the date on which final regulations implementing such amendments take effect; or
- 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act.
Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Vice President of the United States and President of the Senate.
“My green card process was smooth. Thank you Verma for all the help you provide during the process.”- Chacha
“They were always available through phone and responded to my emails quickly.”- Madhuri B.
“The staff at Verma Law firm were prompt and helped with all the documentation needed for my mom's immigrant visa application.”- Upendra
Consultation fees will be credited towards legal fees if retained as counsel for your immigration case within 30 days of consultation.
With us, you will get client-focused, personalized service. You are not just another case to us.
We charge a flat fee for all cases, and offer a payment plan to those who need it.
Our offices are conveniently located in San Jose and San Francisco.
Our lead attorney not only has over 23 years of experience, but is also an immigrant himself.