President Biden is expected to propose a major overhaul of the U.S. Immigration system to restore America’s standing in the world, grow the U.S. economy and provide legal protections to millions of undocumented immigrants.
The bill, known as the U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021, would deliver the most impactful immigration reforms since 1986 if passed.
The highlights of the proposed Biden Immigration bill include:
- Provide a clear path to citizenship for undocumented individuals
- Embrace diversity and prohibit discrimination based on religion
- Keep families together with family-based immigration reforms to clear backlogs, recapture unused visas, reduce processing times and eliminate per-country visa caps
- Grow the economy with improvements to the employment-based immigration system to reduce visa backlogs, recapture unused visas, reduce processing times and eliminate per-country visa caps.
- Promote immigrant and refugee integration with more funding to state and local governments for assistance to individuals seeking to become US citizens
- Protect workers from exploitation by safeguarding the employment verification process
- Prioritize smart border controls with technology and infrastructure, continue training and education of border agents and officers and stronger prosecution of individuals involved in the smuggling and trafficking networks for the exploitation of immigrants
At Verma Law Firm, we are committed to providing our clients with the immigration assistance and support they need and we will continue to monitor the proposed Immigration reforms by the Biden Administration.
Contact our office at (408) 560-4622 today for immigration assistance for family and employment based immigration.