In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), all consultations will be conducted by phone or online until further notice. We are open and fully operational for servicing clients, but our office will be closed to the public. Feel free to contact us:

Spouses of H-1B Workers May Soon Be Allowed to Work in the U.S.

Aimed at making the country more attractive to talented foreign entrepreneurs and professionals, the U.S. government is working on changes to the existing immigration law so to permit spouses of H-1B visa holders to work in the U.S., amongst other things.

Currently, spouses of H-1B workers must qualify for their own H-1B visas or other work permits in order to work in the U.S. Furthermore, only spouses of certain visa holders (i.e. L-1) or spouses with pending Adjustment of Status (I-485) applications are allowed to work in the U.S. Often times, married foreign professionals are reluctant to relocate to the U.S. when their spouses are not permitted to work in the U.S. on H-4 visa. The new proposal, if passed, will encourage talented, married professionals to work in the U.S