Investment Scams Hit Fast-Growing EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
Verma Law Firm
- Confirm that the regional center has been designated by USCIS.
- Obtain copies of documents provided to USCIS.
- Request investment information in writing.
- Ask if promoters are being paid.
- Seek independent verification.
- Examine structural risk.
- Consider the developer’s incentives.
Look for waning signs of fraud, including but not limited to:
- Promise of a visa or becoming lawful permanent resident.
- Guaranteed investment returns or no investment risk.
- Overly consistent high investment returns.
- Unregistered investments.
- Unlicensed sellers