Green Card Through Relatives
Family-Based Immigration Attorney in San Jose
Each year, tens of thousands aliens obtain green cards in the U.S. by being a qualifying relative of U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Our San Jose green card attorney at Verma Law Firm has 18 years of experience practicing immigration law. Our legal team is passionate about helping individuals like yourself approach the green card process in an effective and stress-free manner.
For purposes of family-based immigration, relatives are separated into the following categories:
- Immediate relatives– A U.S. citizen’s spouse, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parent (if the U.S. citizen is over the age of 21).
- First Preference – Unmarried children over 21 years of age of U.S. citizens.
Second Preference – Spouse and unmarried children of permanent residents.
- Preference 2A – Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age;
- Preference 2B – Unmarried children of 21 years of age or older.
- Third Preference – Married children of U.S. citizens.
- Fourth Preference – Brothers or Sisters of U.S. citizens.
Who Can I Sponsor for a Green Card?
U.S. citizens can sponsor spouses, unmarried minor children, adult sons and daughters, parents, and siblings. Permanent residents, on the other hand, are limited to sponsoring spouses, unmarried and minor children, and unmarried adult sons and daughters. If you are in need of assistance petitioning a green card for your family members or have additional questions, please call us today at (408) 560-4622 for a case evaluation.
- USCIS Issues Revised Guidance on the Applicability of the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) (May 06, 2008).
- Neufeld Memo (04/30/2008) re Revised Guidance for Child Status Protection Act (CSPA).
- USCIS Guidance on Certain Family-Based Automatic Conversion and Priority Date Retention
- USCIS Memo in regard to local USCIS offices accepting an I-130 Receipt Notice in lieu of a duplicate I-130 Petition
- USCIS Guidance on rescheduling an interview and failure to attend an interview.
“My green card process was smooth. Thank you Verma for all the help you provide during the process.”- Chacha
“They were always available through phone and responded to my emails quickly.”- Madhuri B.
“The staff at Verma Law firm were prompt and helped with all the documentation needed for my mom's immigrant visa application.”- Upendra
With us, you will get client-focused, personalized service. You are not just another case to us.
We charge a flat fee for all cases, and offer a payment plan to those who need it.
Our offices are conveniently located in San Jose and San Francisco.
Our lead attorney not only has over 23 years of experience, but is also an immigrant himself.