We Are Your San Jose Immigration Attorneys

Green Card Through Relatives

Family-Based Immigration Attorney in San Jose

Each year, tens of thousands aliens obtain green cards in the U.S. by being a qualifying relative of U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Our San Jose green card attorney at Verma Law Firm has 18 years of experience practicing immigration law. Our legal team is passionate about helping individuals like yourself approach the green card process in an effective and stress-free manner.

For purposes of family-based immigration, relatives are separated into the following categories:

  • Immediate relatives– A U.S. citizen’s spouse, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parent (if the U.S. citizen is over the age of 21).
  • First Preference – Unmarried children over 21 years of age of U.S. citizens.
  • Second Preference – Spouse and unmarried children of permanent residents.
    • Preference 2A – Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age;
    • Preference 2B – Unmarried children of 21 years of age or older.
  • Third Preference – Married children of U.S. citizens.
  • Fourth Preference – Brothers or Sisters of U.S. citizens.

Who Can I Sponsor for a Green Card?

U.S. citizens can sponsor spouses, unmarried minor children, adult sons and daughters, parents, and siblings. Permanent residents, on the other hand, are limited to sponsoring spouses, unmarried and minor children, and unmarried adult sons and daughters. If you are in need of assistance petitioning a green card for your family members or have additional questions, please call us today at (408) 560-4622 for a case evaluation.

USCIS Memoranda

Contact Verma Law Firm

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter a message.