Skip to Content

How to Find an H-1B Visa Sponsor


If you wish to work in the United States, you need to obtain a work visa. The most common type of work visa is the H-1B visa.

An H-1B visa allows U.S. companies and/or organizations to hire immigrant workers in a specialty line of work (e.g. lawyers, engineers, architects, computer programmers, business executives, etc.). In order to file a petition for this type of work visa, you must have a job offer from an American employer and a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent job experience in the position you seek.

The following are several ways you can find an H-1B visa sponsor:

  • Learn about the process of getting an H-1B visa – Understanding the U.S. immigration process is imperative to landing a job offer. When you go into your job interview, you need to be able to explain the legal process of petitioning for an H-1B visa. Essentially, the American employer must sponsor you, while you must fulfill all the qualifications. The U.S. employer then needs to sign appear work to be filed by April 1 and commit to paying you at least the current wage of your desired position. Once the visa is approved, you can start working by October.
  • Look for companies which hire H-1B employees – Focus on employers who have a history of hiring foreign workers and petitioning for their H-1B visa. Since getting a job from a large company can be challenging, consider applying for small- or medium-sized companies like start-ups.
  • Networking – If you travel to the U.S., check out a networking event or job fair to interact with potential employers. If you are not in the U.S., ask a family member or a friend for a chance to network with an employer or a company representative. Additionally, social media platforms such as LinkedIn gives you another opportunity to reach out to U.S companies.

If you are interested in applying for an H-1B visa in San Jose, CA, schedule a consultation with Verma Law Firm today.

Share To:

Contact Verma Law Firm Today

Serving Clients Throughout San Jose, San Francisco & Around The World
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy