Skip to Content

Attorney Change of Address Procedure for Pending Petitions in Nebraska Service Center Updated

Attorney Change of Address Procedure for Pending Petitions in
Nebraska Service Center Updated

Beginning January 14, 2009, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) has updated their procedure for an attorney change of address for a pending application where the same attorney is named on the G-28 on file. The NSC’s previous policy, which required attorneys to submit a new G-28 for each pending petition, was not consistent with the policies of other service centers. With this updated procedure, an attorney must do the following to change his/her address:

· Send a new signed and completed Form G-28 with a reference to the case’s receipt number for each pending case. This is not required, but is recommended. Or
· Submit a letter signed by the original G-28 attorney to the NSC on letterhead that states the new address. In this letter, attorneys should include a list of cases (including form type, Receipt Number, and A-number) to which the address change will apply. This list should be sent in spreadsheet format.

If representation will be changing on a case pending at the NSC, the new attorney should submit a completed and signed Form G-28, with reference to the receipt number for each case.

These forms/letters should be mailed to:

Nebraska Service Center
Change of Counsel
PO Box 87865
Lincoln, NE 68501-7865

Share To:

Contact Verma Law Firm Today

Serving Clients Throughout San Jose, San Francisco & Around The World
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy