We Are Your San Jose Immigration Attorneys

H-1B1 Visa for Chilean and Singaporean Citizens

The U.S. Chile Free Trade Agreement and the U.S. Singapore Free Trade Agreement creates an H-1B1 visa for citizens from Chile and Singapore. The agreement requires the USCIS to reserve exempt 1,400 H-1B visas for Chile and 5,400 visas for Singapore from the 65,000 H-1B visa cap. The intended recipient of the H-1B1 visa must be: 1) a citizen of Singapore or Chile; 2) have a valid job offer from a U.S. company to be employed in a specialty job occupation; and, 3) have a Certified LCA filed under the H-1B1 Chile or Singapore category. The Applicant does not need to file the H-1B1 application with the USCIS in the U.S. Instead, the Applicant may directly apply at the U.S. Consulate overseas for the H-1B1 visa.

The H-1B1 visa is valid for one year and extensions are granted in one-year increments. Unlike the H-1B, there is no 6-year limitation for the H-1B1. Any unused visas from the Chilean and Singapore quota become part of the regular H-1B visa quota.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

To speak with an immigration lawyer about your case, call us today at (408) 560-4622!

Contact Verma Law Firm

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter a message.